VISIT OUR AFFILIATIONS
OHIO ASSOCIATION OF CHIEFS OF POLICE (OACP)
DARE Association of Ohio (DAO)
Ohio School Resource Officers Association (OSROA)
School Resource Officers (SRO)
- Provides an extra safety net in schools by conducting security assessments of school building and surrounding areas, teaches school lockdown procedures and critical incident training in school communities.
- Provides clear and consistent boundaries and expectations (and the consequences for breaking these rules) for students, parents and teachers.
- Provides a positive role model for students, especially those that do not have one in their lives.
- Provides conflict resolution for students and staff and education and instruction on school law.
- Educates students and teachers on the topics of self defense, internet safety, predator awareness, prevention of abuse, and problem solving.
- Acts as a deterrent to crime in schools and provides overall support for a safe and caring school climate.
Successful learning and safe learning environments
An increasing number of law enforcement officers define their "beats" as schools. The Law Enforcement Foundation (LEF) is working to ensure that the assignment of officers to schools will be a positive experience for the students, teachers, administrators, schools and Officers.